Last-Minute Gift Guide
*Edit: This gift guide was written in December 2020 as a Christmas gift guide. But these suggestions work for any occasion, any time of the year. Have a last minute birthday, graduation, or wedding to attend? We got you covered!* - 4/9/2021
Time definitely seems like an illusion this year but believe it or not, Christmas is 4 days away. If you’re like me you’re a serial procrastinator, and Christmas time is no different. But no need to stress! We’ve put together an all-inclusive list to help you nail everyone left on your list.
- Or normal gift cards, whichever works for you. Gift cards can be hit or miss but in general, it’s a pretty safe option for anyone on your list. For the astrology lover in your life might I recommend the *cough cough* TRINE IX Zodiac Apparel gift card? Choose from $10, $25, $50, and $100 amounts. We highly recommend this for all the fire signs in your life!
- If you know your person’s favorite store that would be the ideal choice, but if not, getting a gift card to a store that carries a wide variety of things is great because they have more freedom to choose. Some ones that we recommend are:
- Sephora or Ulta - for the beauty lover
- Gamestop - for the gamers, obvs.
- Starbucks, Dunkin, or your local coffee shop - for the caffeine addicts
Even though they’re online you can still pick out a cute design and personalize them! We recommend this option for people who live too far from you to give a gift in person by Christmas.
Friends NYC - Anything and Everything
- I found this self-proclaimed, “Indie Department Store of Dreams” on a recent Instagram live tour of the store on Time Out New York’s profile. This woman-owned shop in Brooklyn, NY specializes in cute tiny things, but you can find everything from candles named Boy Smells to clothing and face masks, to homeware and much much more. The unique selection is perfect for the trendy or artsy friend in your life. With so much variety you could get something for everyone on your list here, and it would be pretty hard not to treat yourself too.
- Friends NYC offers to ship from UPS until Tuesday, Dec. 22nd, and from USPS up until Wednesday the 23rd so there’s still time to browse the site or visit in person.
"Reset 2021" Candles from FriendsNYC
Give the gift of an Experience
- Support your local businesses by gifting someone with a service. This is especially helpful in January after businesses suffer after the holiday rush. Hit up your local, extra points for BIPOC owned businesses. We’re talking hairstylists, manicurists, restaurants, spas, dance instructors, the list goes on and on. We love to use Instagram hashtags like # your city followed by a business. For example, #nycnailsalon, #blackownednailsalonnyc. There’s also websites like Official Black Wall Street, WeBuyBlack, Black Nation, this blog post with over 100 Black-owned businesses, and more to find Black-owned business to support.
Support Local Black Owned Businesses
If all else fails, here are some easy last-minute ideas:
- Pictures in a nice frame
- Handmade cards
- Gas or Uber gift cards
- Face masks from places like Etsy or RedBubble
- Candles - TJ Maxx, Marshalls, local businesses
- Grubhub, Doordash, or Seamless Gift Cards
Lastly, remember to go easy on yourself this year. Don’t sweat it if you don’t get the perfect gifts. And don’t stress if you can’t get gifts for everyone on your list. The holidays are about more than giving gifts, and your family and friends will surely appreciate whatever you give them.
Happy shopping, and Happy Holidays from TRINE!